Query on William Pemberton PALMER

Started by Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) 🇦🇺 on Monday, January 14, 2019
Showing all 26 posts

William Pemberton Palmer
* father George Thomas PALMER
* mother Catherine Irene PEMBERTON
* born In Australia in 1810
* died in Australia in 1864
* married Roseatte Durham PALMER in England on 14/11/1831
* had twins William PALMER and Rosezeatta Ann Catherine Wilhelmina PALMER on 30/7/1832
* son Willliam PALMER baptised in Australia on 2/8/1832
* daughter Rosezeatta Ann Catherine Wilhelmina PALMER baptised in England 3/11/1833

Both William and Rosezeatta's baptisms are sourced
* Rosezeatta gives her parents as William Pemberton PALMER and Rosezeatta DURHAM
* Williams gives his parents as William Pemberton PALMER and Rosetta

Based on that William Pemberton PALMER's timeline
* 12/11/1810 born NSW
* 14/11/1831 married in England
* 30/7/1832 twins born Australia (as son baptised 3 days later in Australia
* 2/8/1832 baptism of William in Australia
* 3/11/1833 baptism of Rosezeatta in England

Is it possible that 2 William Pemberton PALMER's have become confused?

https://gw.geneanet.org/duboisbruno?lang=en&pz=bruno+marie+bern...
William Pemberton PALMER
* born 11/10/1810 Golburn NSW Australia
* baptised 16/12/1810 Sydney, NSW Australia
* married 14/11/1831 London, England
* Died 19/5/1864 NSW Australia

http://www.devon-mitchells.co.uk/getperson.php?personID=I81&tre...
William Pemberton PALMER
* born 11/10/1810 Sydney, NSW, Australia
* died 19/5/1864 Warialda, NSW, Australia

http://www.bellsite.id.au/gdbtree/HTMLFiles/HTMLFiles_106/P23413.html
* born 1810 Sydney, NSW
* son William Ingram Pemberton PALMER born NSW
* daughter Rosezeatte Ann Catherine Wilhelmin PALMER born
* died 19/5/1864 Warialda NSW

https://australianroyalty.net.au/individual.php?pid=I30971&ged=...
Born 1810 Parramatta
Census 1828 - age 18
died 19/5/1864 Yalloroi, Gwydir

Private User
1/14/2019 at 2:04 PM

What is surprising is that there is a grave of William Pemberton Palmer and "Rosette" Durham Palmer at Camperdown. listed in both Austcemindex (with photograph of headstone) and Findagrave.

Private User
1/14/2019 at 7:48 PM

Just wanted to add that the gave at Camperdown is surprising since William Palmer died in the far north west of NSW.

Also, NSW BDM lists four birth certificates for William P Palmer born 1810 to George T and Catherine. The four certificates have different locations: 1, 1A, 6, 5. Can't find the list of codes but this might explain the different birth locations.

1/15/2019 at 12:37 PM

Hi I did some more research today, regards the marriage of William Pemberton Palmer and his marriage to Rosezeatte Durham Durden. They married via a Licence,10 November 1831. St Lukes Church. Middlesex. (London) Rosezeatte Durham Durden age was given as 18 and upwards, William Pemberton Palmer age given as 21 and upwards,
t hats the age given on Oath by William Pemberon Palmer. her mother Ann Masters Durden (nee Durham) died 12 January 1839. Clerkenwell.(St Lukes) Francis William Durden. B.Jun 1816. son of James Durden and Ann Durden. Shoreditch. George Frederick Durden.b. Jun 1816. St Lukes.Sarah Ann Durden b. May 1826. St Lukes. Finsbury.. John Durham married Ann Bear 9 Jul 1790. Plymouth. Devon.Ann Bears Father was John Bear,wife Agnes Bear (Ball) married 1766. Devon.. William P.Palmer was a witness to the marriage of William Henery Durham. St Lukes 26 Feb1834.he died in 1852. Ann Durham died in Hackney 1853.2nd march. age given 87. her other daughter was Maria Harrison Durham,married Francis Holton in Westminster 1818. her husband was a Butcher like William Durham. Im cannot find a birth for my G.G.G grandfather? b.1806? I believe he is the brother of Ann Masters Durham and Maria Harrison Durham, not sure Why they came to London around 1800? Possible birth while father was in Navy? or Army? some of the Durham's in Devon were in the Navy .Plymouth was a Navel Port ,cant find a birth for Rosezeatte Durham Durden? 1813? soon after her parents got married, James Durden put his mark on his marriage document. he was a carpenter, possible married after his wife Died in 1839..If you find corrections need to be done to the Family Tree go ahead,I know the Palmer Family came back to London, one as a Clergy in Newington .London. It's possible John Palmer acted as a witness on the marriage of William P. Palmer?. Regards William Durham. London.. James Durden and his brother Francis were born in West Drayton. Francis Durden had a Business in Tottenham Court Road with his wife Mary. she carried on the business after he died.

1/15/2019 at 12:50 PM

William Pemberton Palmer was in London 24 Feb 1834. Acted as a witness to the marriage of William Henry Durham and Eliza Eadson.. St Lukes Church. Old St. Finsbury. Same church as William Pemberton Palmer and Rosezeatte Durham Durden. William Pemberton Palmer and his wife and Daughter are listed on the 1841 Census in Jersey. Channel Isles, there were other Palmers of the Clergy also listed on Jersey census. These .are Facts as Stated on the various Legal Documents. The Palmers I believe were originally from England. Regards William Durham. London.UK..

1/15/2019 at 1:02 PM

Rosezeatta Ann Catherine Wilhelmina Palmer Birth Date 30 Jul 1832. St Luke, Finsbury. Middlesex. Father William Pemberton Palmer. Mother Rosezeatta Durham. those are thefacts on the Christening Record.. I cannot find Any Twins for William P.Palmer in the UK?. William Durham. UK.London. There was a Rosetta Ann Durden daughter of Francis Durden (brother of James Durden) Mother Mary Durden. b 19 Dec 1838. Aldersgate. London.. William Durham.

1/15/2019 at 1:06 PM

William Pemberton Palmer was in London 24 Feb 1834. Acted as a witness to the marriage of William Henry Durham and Eliza Eadson.. St Lukes Church. Old St. Finsbury. Same church as William Pemberton Palmer and Rosezeatte Durham Durden. William Pemberton Palmer and his wife and Daughter are listed on the 1841 Census in Jersey. Channel Isles, there were other Palmers of the Clergy also listed on Jersey census. These .are Facts as Stated on the various Legal Documents. The Palmers I believe were originally from England. Regards William Durham. London.UK..

1/15/2019 at 1:13 PM

Marriage record of James Durden and Ann Masters Durham.15 March 1812. St Lukes. Witness Francis Durden and Maria Harrison Durham. The mark of Jas.Durden X. Maria Harrison Durham was the sister of Ann Masters Durham. William Durham.

1/15/2019 at 1:18 PM

1/15/2019 at 1:28 PM

Ann Bear b.14 Nov.1768. daughter of John Bear and Agnes( Ball) his wife.. ( Ann Bear was the wife of John Durham, married in 1790 in East Stonehouse. Plymoth. Devon. Daughters. Ann Masters Durham an Maria Harrison Durham. married in London., I hope I have helped to right the wrong information? William Durham.

Confusing that we have two christening records for twins. One in Australia 3 days after birth and one in UK a year after birth.

It seems strange that they would marry in UK, come to Australia to have a child and then go back to UK, with travel being as it was then.

Can you add copies of the census records onto Geni please

Private User have you come across this family in your Channel Islands research?

Private User
1/22/2019 at 4:05 PM

https://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Descendants_of_John_Palmer

No I have been working further back in the tree

1/23/2019 at 2:15 AM

My records clearly Show, William Pemberon Palmer was in the UK. England 1830,Why? he married Rosezeatta Durham Durden 14 November 1831,Rosezeata was under age at that time, William P. Palmer had to apply for a Faculty Office Marriage Licence, had to sign a Oath, its claimed his age was 21 Years and upwards, Rosezeatta age was given as 18 years and upwards. Licence dated 10 Nov.1831. Rosezeatta Durham Durden's father was James Durden. can somebody in Australia send me the Correct information on Twins that are alleged to be William Pemberton Palmer? That family was in the Channel Iseles, Jersey in 1841. These are Facts, not maybes. Regards William.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.geni.com/p13/f8/f8/1a/a3/5344484a0c...

Australian Baptism Record - William PALMER baptised 2 August 1832 St John Parramatta,NSW, born 30/7/1832, son of William Pemberton PALMER and Rosetta

1/25/2019 at 10:53 AM

Hi Leanne I sent you a copy of the 1841 Jersey census some days ago, it would appear Genie is Not forwarding on my messages to you? Why?

Hi, sorry i have been busy on a couple of other issues.

I will spend a few days next week uploading copies of all documents i can find about this family so we can try to work out a timeline of who was where.

I have added 18 images and also created events for William and family
William Pemberton Palmer

I have found sources for twins William Jnr and Rosezeatte Jnr born 30/7/1832 in Parramatta. For some reason William Jnr was baptised in Australia on 2/8/1832 and Rosezeatta Jnr was baptised 3/11/1833 in England. William Jnr either died young or remained in Australia when the family went to England and then the Channel Islands

5/5/2020 at 3:51 AM

Once again there are problems with the Birth of William Pemberton Palmer, it is Claimed on this web page he was born in NSW.12/11/1810? I refer to the 1828 Australian census which States. George Thomas Palmer age 44 Arrived asa Settler in Australia in 1806,his wife arrived with her family in 1810. her Son William Pemberton Palmer arrived at te same time 181o his age was given as 18,so I ask if his age was 18 when he arrived in Australia, how could be born in NSW?

If you look at his timeline you will see

His father George Thomas Palmer, Marine "Albion" 1806 - Lieutenant 61st Regiment arrived in Australia in 1806 on "Albion"

His mother Catherine Irena Pemberton, Free "Albion" 1806 arrived in Australia in 1810 on "Albion"

The 1828 Census (copy attached to the event) states
Palmer, George Thomas, 44, came free, Albion, 1806, Protestant, landholder. Pemberton Gr., Parramatta
Palmer, Catherine Irene, 41, came free, Albion, 1810
Palmer, George Thomas Jun, 20, came free
Palmer, William Pemberton, 18, born in the colony
Palmer, John Macquarie, 15, born in the colony
Palmer, Catherine Irene, 12, born in the colony
Palmer, Henry E. Michel, 7, born in the colony
Palmer, Rodbr Wilde, 5, born in the colony
Palmer, Susan Adrianna, 3, born in the colony
Palmer, Pemberton, 1, born in the colony

In 1828 he was aged 18, ergo born 1810, after his parents arrived in Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion_(1798_whaler)

The Albion arrived twice in Australia
1) Port Jackson, Australia on 19/8/1806
2) Hobart, Tasmania on 21/12/1809

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion