Margaret Louise Vinson (Chastain) - Information from a great great granddaughter of Margaret Louise Chastain Vinson

Started by Private User on Monday, March 29, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
3/29/2021 at 10:56 PM

Charles Columbus (Pluck may have been a nickname) Vinson was my Great Grandfather.
Charles Ernest Vinson was my Grandfather. His grandchildren called him Papa.
Maxine Vinson Singletary was my Mother.
I am Jerolee Lou Singletary Oschack.
I lived with my material grandparents some while growing up. Papa loved to talk about his family. He said his grandmother Vinson was part Cherokee. He said she loved to go fishing and would take him with her. (He was born in 1904.) He said she liked to go barefoot most of the time.
He thought grandfather David was so wise. He said grandfather David would often say “nonsense, nonsense”. Papa asked one time, “what is nonsense?” Grandfather David replied, “Well, you stick your finger out into the dark, pull it back in & look for the hole. That’s nonsense.”
Papa also had a newspaper photo of grandfather David baptizing people on their profession of faith in Jesus Christ in a lake. There was a crowd of over 100 (I think) watching from the banks. He was so proud of his grandfather David.

7/21/2022 at 8:14 AM

I love this! It matches so well the stories my father (Charles Conley Vinson) told about her - he was her great-grandson. I wrote what he told me on this profile.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion